BJC is currently working with the Ontario Soccer Association to implement injury prevention in the soccer clubs across Ontario. Training is provided to health care providers through a number of strategies including:
- hosting train the trainers sessions to train individuals on the FIFA 11+ program and on working with clubs to be able to implement the program and train the coaches
- hosting educational sessions for health care professionals to provide education on injury prevention and the FIFA 11+ program including how to include it in injury treatment
- local training with other health care professionals within the community to build a network of providers to support clubs locally
- awareness of injury prevention through local community awareness strategy
- working with clubs to help them identify healthcare professionals within their local regions who can act as a resource on injury prevention and return to sport.
If you are interested in any of the initiatives above, including becoming a local trainer, please contact FIFA11plus@gmail.com and we will update you on the training sessions that are available.
This project is being undertaken through funding from the Ontario Trillium Foundation.