Within this section you will find document that have been reviewed and approved by the BJC to help your organization move forward with its surgical efforts. These documents are intended to provide members with an overview of the issues and principles associated with the pre-operative activities of patients waiting for or are about to undergo hip or knee replacement surgery. The project will identify the issues and principles associated with the surgical processes for patients undergoing hip or knee replacement surgery and, as such, will include discussion of:
- Pre-operative medical clearance process.
- Optimizing patient safety immediately prior to and during surgery.
- Scheduling surgeries and achieving surgical case accuracy.
- Ensuring appropriate and necessary staffing.
- Achieving targets for the number of surgeries scheduled per day.
- Confirming the supplies and equipment for individual surgeries and procedures.
To access this information, please click on your desired province below.
Only provinces with materials will be listed.